The first few times you make it, the most time consuming part of sewing your Little Camper Dress is sewing the placket.
Because I like to make things as easy as possible for you/cover all bases, as well as written instructions, illustrated instructions and a video showing you how to sew the placket, now you have the photo edition as well!
1. Cut your pattern pieces.
2. With wrong sides touching, fold the dress front in half and press – this helps align the placket and dress front when stitching them together.
Repeat for the placket.
Fold the side seams of the placket over 6mm (1/4″).
3. Mark the stitching line on the wrong side of the placket.
4. With wrong sides face down and using the pressed fold lines, align the placket and the dress front.
6. Cut a ‘Y’ down the middle of the placket.
7. Turn to the front.
8. Pull the placket through to the front.
9. Starting with the short side of the placket, press the seam allowance towards the centre.
10. Fold placket back on itself, just covering original stitching line. Press, pin and topstitch as close to the edge as you can.
11. Repeat with long edge of the placket. Press seam allowance towards the middle.
12. Fold placket back on itself, press, pin.
13. Turn the bottom left corner of the placket under on a 45 degree angle and press.
14. Repeat with the other corner.
15. Topstitch the long edge of the placket.